Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Working Out On Little Sleep

I didn't get much sleep last night, but I turned on the (Tivo'ed) Tour Stage 15, and I hopped on the bike. I felt the fatigue, but turned the pedals anyway, and found myself putting out an effort to get my heartrate up to just 70%. I warmed up a little, but I knew I needed a nap, even as I was peddling into the 2nd hour of the workout. Anyway, I finished the 120 minute workout, and headed immediately to the store to pick up some broccoli salad and tofu salad. After lunch, I took a two hour nap.

Sleep is really important. I noticed the body acts very differently on 4 1/2 hours sleep (especially following a 3hr workout day). The heartrate was all wrong during the workout. I can see how people can say that sleep is important to weightloss. Again, I didn't weigh myself this morning. We'll have to wait until Monday morning to see where we are. Based on afternoon weights, it does look like weightloss is steady, if not rapid. I notice that my body fat % numbers are coming down, so I'm comfortable that I'm making progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home