Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Saturday Gym Session

I had a good day at the gym today. After I got off the bike in the morning, I basically went over to the gym near downtown. I did my backs and biceps strength training workout, feeling pretty good after the day of rest. Then, I felt good, so I got on the bike again, tuned into OLN, and did another 60min cycling to the tour. I ran my heartrate at about 95% MHR for the hour, watching the yoga class in the central glass exercise room. The bikes are just along one side, and elevated a few feet, so we all get a good view of each other. I have the iPod headphones in, and crank along, drinking 1.8 litres of water, which all comes out as sweat.

Afterwards, I went to the Whole Foods store across the street. This is the high-end grocery store, which caters to people who like to think they're worth the extra money they pay for the nicely arranged organic food. I love it too, so I shouldn't critisize the clientelle. On the other hand, the woman in front of me was buying a bunch of little 500ml expensive blue bottled waters from Norway with fancy printing. She was telling the person at the checkout it was really good water. I shouldn't say anything. I paid 3x $1.25/600ml in the gym today while on the bike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home