Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Calorie Blowout Yesterday

I was pretty tired yesterday, sore from strength training, and I had a muscle strain in my left ankle from the excessive stairmaster workouts, so I got lazy and didn't work out. I went to the non-gourmet, natural grocery store and bought a bunch of stuff from their deli, and ate it for dinner. All the stuff was healthy, but I ate a lot of it -- tofu salad, broccoli salad, and curry turkey. I also had a banana, yogurt, and a lot of bread. I underestimate the day's calories at 2810.

I got back on the bike this morning, a few hours after waking up. The ankle still bothers me, but I was able to workout without pushing it. I watched Stage 14 (the first stage thru the Pyrness mountains) during the workout. Lance proved he's the best talent in the field, and held off all attackers single-handedly. Unless he blows up tomorrow, he should win his 7th consecutive Tour, and extend his lead tomorrow, on the hardest day of the race. For me, the 100% MHR cardio training must be helping, because I was able to output 200W @ 80% MHR at the end of 60min today.

I'm headed to the gym now, and will also try to take a hike this afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home