Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Monday, July 18, 2005

Morning Workout, No Water

I ran out of water on this weekend. Which means I did the morning 45 min cardio @ 80% MHR on a litre of Coke Zero. In the mornings, I'm very dehydrated, since I lose almost 2kg in water weight each night. So, I should really drink 2 litres before I'm re-hydrated, but it's hard to drink that much Coke Zero. Of course people tell me to drink water. I know that. I ran out.

How bad is it to workout on caffine drinks? Well, I had a problem in the gym last night as I bought a 20 oz bottle of Diet Coke, and sipped from it while doing strength. I knocked it over twice, and had to get paper towels from the bathroom to clean up the never-ending fizz coming out of the mostly-closed bottle, dripping all over the ruberized floor. That pissed me off. Why can't they put drink holders on the machines?

I read the The Truth About Caffine from the OLN site. They say caffine drinks aren't that bad, and there are some benefits. The problems with fluid imbalance comes only with doses of 300-600mg. Since a Diet Coke has about 50mg per can, and I drank about 3 while on the bike, this is only 150mg total, and it's probably not that bad. On the other hand, I know if I had water, I would have felt a lot better, and would have been more inclined to work harder. But, in a pinch, it's good to know that it isn't a disaster to workout on a litre of Coke Zero. Also, as the day progresses, I probably take in about 400mg of caffine a day. Maybe I should drink more water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home