Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Celeb Fit Club (2)

This is probably the first reality show I've watched sinced the original MTV Real World (I) ca. 1990, i.e., in 15 years. Of course, how real is it to watch eight (ex)-celebs try to lose weight? Actually, it's too real for the usual ecaspism fare I'm seeking. It's bad enough to see "celebs" get old, and it's even more depressing to see them get fat. Willie Ames. Willie Ames. Say it isn't so. He started out at a 5'5" and 187 lbs. (Of course, I'm a little skeptical about his quoted height. I remember a college friend said she say him at some publicity thing, before a movie screening. She said something like "he's so short", which he apparently heard, and felt obliged to respond, "I'm not short.") So, if he claims he's 1.70m, he's probably actually 1.65m, so his starting BMI = (85 kg) / (1.65m)^2 = 31.2, which is obese. His before photos look pretty bad. Well, reading over his bio at Celeb Fit Club 2 bios, his plausible excuses are a busy work schedule, since he owns a video production company. Hopefully the after pictures are better.

I'm thinking about suggesting they produce a Celeb-Am (think Pro-Am) version of the show. How lame is that? Discuss it over on the Celeb Fit Club 2 boards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home