Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Friday, July 22, 2005

First Jog Tonight

I finally got on the treadmill and tried a jog today. I don't want my weight jarring my joints, so I find it easier to set the incline to 15% (the max) and jog uphill. I did it for 30 min, and cardio was under control (93% MHR), but I definitely worked long-unused muscles. I sweat a lot, but less than spinning last night. Overall, it was good, and I'll work more of it into my routine.

I avoided the drive-thru on the way home, and went to Whole Foods to buy the expensive, tasty food. I fried up 160g of top sirloin, 100g mushroom, 150g onion. This is a lot less meat than I had been eating. I'm pretty sure I'll have to control my calories a lot more to lose the weight I need to. I also added 54g of brown rice vegetarian roll sushi, and 38g whole wheat pita w/ wasabe and 36g feta humus. Mmmm, mmmm. 690 calories.

So the days calories are still @ 1540, and I'll probably have some cantalope and yogurt tonight for dessert. I'm trying to tell myself I don't need all the calories I normally eat. I'll pace myself, and remind myself of the high-quality, varied food I'm taking in. If I'm starving, I'll eat. Otherwise, I'll see what I actually need. I'm also telling myself an hour of cardio and an hour of strength training is no big deal. If it was, I'd be hurting. And starving. I'm not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home