Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

79.2 kg (Still)


The recent binging hasn't added any kilos, but it's slowed down my weightloss over the past few weeks. The temptations you encounter on the road, outside of your routine can really put a dent into your plan. It's helpful when you can ask people to help police your food, and they do it. Someone saved me from a slice of pizza yesterday that would have turned into two or three slices, in addition to the chicken, ribs, salad, and cookies I'd already eaten. Friends don't let friends eat junk food. The property management group sent us a pizza, ribs, chicken, cookies, brownies, salad, and sodas as lunch for the 3 of us. Ahhh yes, American portion sizing.

I ate the above chicken tacos on Sunday, and I made something pretty similar last night, except I didn't have any lettuce. They were great, and I still have a bunch of chicken frozen from my CostCo visit. I also had a sausage, apple, string beans, bok choy, and muslix. I did a full strength workout plus spinning, and I probably underate for the day, because I had hunger-induced nightmares all night.

1 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Blogger Very Anonymous Mike said...

First of all, one of the things that I like to do is promise myself that I can have other food after I have the good food. That way, there might be some occasions that I won't want anything else after the good food. Even if I want something afterward, you won't want as much.

Second, more meals/smaller portions are better for you. They increase your metabolism. (Well, Stephen's is a furnace right now, but for us normal folk...) YOu can have the good food, wait, and then if you want something else later, have it then. This method also teaches you to listen to your body and learn when it is full, as opposed to when you get bored/guilty from eating.

Confessions are beautiful things. They make things real. Even confessions to your friends.

Well, it's a good thing you left out the lettuce. YOU'RE ONNA DIET! Have you ever checked out the fat content of tortillas? You would be better using the lettuce as wraps. Tastes pretty good, too.

Being hungry IS a nightmare.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home