Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Finally Made Good Chili

It's about my 5th attempt making chili, and it's the first batch that tastes good. The key was getting away from that crock pot, or the slow oxidizer, as I like to call it. I'd put in the best ingredients, in a huge batch, turn it on in the morning, full of anticipation when I'd get home to eat my perfect chili. And each time, I could barely get myself to eat it.

This time I made it on the stove, and it only took about 45 minutes. I took a pound (450g) of ground buffalo, an onion, garlic, a green pepper, and browned them together. Then I took a packet of chili mix, added the equivalent of a can of pinto beans I soaked overnight, 1/2 cup of chicken broth, 4 diced roma tomatoes, then the browned meat, and cooked for 30 minutes. It's great.

I had some multigrain crackers and parsley & scallion humus. I'm grilling some carrots now too. I'm filling up on fiber before I see if I'm still hungry. I have some canteloupe if I'm not too lazy to cut it up. I should probably eat some yogurt.

2 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Blogger Very Anonymous Mike said...

No beer in the chili?


Ok, I have a question. What about protein bars in place of a junk snack?

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger stephenhow said...

They're ok if you don't have the compulsion to eat 5 of them in a row. I can't keep them around the house :(

Hello, my name is Steve, and I'm a compulsive overeater

 

Post a Comment

<< Home