Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Workout, Binge, Sleep, Confess, Gambo

I did the usual cycle this Saturday, waking up to do the 7:15 am spinning class, the 9:00 am OFC workout. I had some chili for breakfast, then a sandwich from Starbucks, then 3 salad rolls, two sausages, a bunch of crackers, and 7 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I took a long nap until 5:30 pm, then took a shower, and headed to the Overeater's Anonymous meeting. Actually, I headed directly to the restaurant for the dinner following the meeting. Then I found out the meeting was still going on, so I went back to participate, though I thought I was going to be able to skip it, and just have dinner.

Anyways, it was good to hear some of the open sharing. There's always something that hits very close to home, and is very true. It's not everywhere that people open up like that. Actually, it's not anywhere you'll get this. So the meeting was really good, and talking to people after was also very helpful. Dinner was great, because I find I have so much in common with everyone there.

Afterwards, I was in a great mood, and I headed to the Village Club and ended up in the $1/$3 No-Limit Hold'em game. The action was a little crazy, as usual I guess, with "Kamakazi" Lee going all-in about 5 times in the hour and a half I was playing. He was under the weather, and had a flu or something, so if I get sick (which is highly probable), you'll know where I got it from. I won just one hand, but it put me up about $50. I limped in with pocket sixes, and flopped a set. Two guys behind me flopped top two pairs (aces up), and I check called the flop, and bet into them on the turn. I took down the pot, which was about $150. If I had topped of my buy-in, it'd have been a lot more.

Right after midnight Jeff Rose tapped my shoulder, and offered me $6 to get up. He was first on the list, and wanted to play. I was very happy to pick up, and take the $56 profit. That's a net of like +$150 USD profit for the weekend. When I cash out little wins like this, it tends to pay for my little expenses during the week. I can live with it.

I think I ate about 2700 calories today. That's probably the right amount, although the 700 calories of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups was probably a bad choice.

3 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Blogger Very Anonymous Mike said...

1. There is something very odd about skipping an OA meeting to go to dinner.

2. Don't eat the centers. All of the calories in a Reeses cup are in the center.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Navin said...

Hi chanced upon your blog when I was tracking mine and am really impressed by your dedicated efforts. I am around 88 kg and would like to touch 75 without doing anything drastic and am looking for a lifestyle change and you are a great inspiration!

Cheers,
Navin

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger stephenhow said...

I think the best way to lose weight is to do it by lifestyle change, i.e., don't do anything you wouldn't do forever. My keys have been learning how much fuel the body really needs, and avoiding the processed junk foods that make me crave more of it. Once you make up your mind to change, you'll do it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home