Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Friday, July 29, 2005

The Charles Lindbergh of Our Generation

I heard about this fat man walking across the United States to lose weight. It's a wonderful, adventureous act that suddenly captures the imagination of our Fat Generation. As F. Scott Fitzgerald wrote, "and for a moment people set down their glasses in country clubs and speakeasies and thought their old best dreams." Make that "put down their hamburgers on their dashboards ... ".

Of course, it's just a blog, and it's not even written in first person. I think he uses a cell phone to talk to his wife everyday, and then she writes the blog in 3rd person, in a very uncaptivating way. There seems to be a documentary crew with his as well. That might be more interesting.

Along these lines, I saw the first part of Super-Size Me, the Morgan Spurlock documentary about his exclusive eating of Super-Size McMeals for a month, and gaining like 30 lbs. I couldn't stand to watch it. After a week, he added on like 4% of his body weight. I had to turn it off.

I still think a good idea for a diet/documentary would be based around urban hunting, where the only non-vegetables you could eat would be prey you killed yourself. Ok, maybe like this. Kind of like an urban Survivor. You're given 500 calories a day of vegetables and grains, and you have to hunt for the rest. You can use a gun, because, afterall, you're in an urban/suburban environment, where it's illegal to discharge it. So, you'll get scenes where a guy buys a silencer for a .22 pistol to go rabbit hunting at the golf course. I think there's a huge audience for this type of thing. What do you think?

1 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the fatmanwalking link. That's pretty cool, although I agree the writing could be better. Reminds me of Forrest Gump, probably because it was just on tv.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home