Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Verna's Too (78.2 kg)

I didn't take many pictures on my Hawaiian vacation. In fact, the only ones I took were of food. Figure that one out. Anyway, I saw this "drive-in" on the way back from the Volcanoes National Park on Hawaii, off Hwy 11, near Hilo. I didn't know what a "Drive-In" was, and I figured it was a Drive-Thru. It's just a fast-food stand, with parking just in front, but no facility for taking/filling orders from cars.

The menu had some strange things I was afraid to try, so I stuck to the Deluxe Ono Burger, not knowing what Ono was, but admittedly being enticed by the "Deluxe" part. It took forever for them to make it, because they were filling a big call-in order. There were a couple of rough-looking locals watching me with vague but justified suspicion. I was starting to have second thoughts about the whole thing. While I was waiting around, I couldn't help from conducting a mental health inspection of the place. I lucked out that my order turned out to be a fish burger, with some real fresh veggies. It had quite a bit of white sauce, but that makes it good. I ate about 2/3'rds of it, since we were going to be eating again on board the ship in a few hours. All in all, it was a good stop and a good burger, all for $3.50. I'd make it a staple of my diet, if I lived closer.

1 Comments:

At 1:41 AM, Blogger Cat said...

no scenery photos or colourful underwater photos? stories of suspicious, scary locals do make up for that ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home