Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Day 1: -0.1 kg

It's the second day getting on the scale in the morning, and I'm down by 100g as expected. I cooked all my meals yesterday, and will try again today. I make 280g (dry) of brown rice in the morning, then stir-frying up some veggies and meat. The difference with real food is that I don't get the cravings to binge. Processed food has something that makes you want to eat more and more of it (probably the "natural" flavouring additives). It's also the texture, it's so smooth and easy to go down. The combination of sugar and fat in an easy-to-eat form is a pure endorphin fix. Real food has more bulk and fibre, and you realise you're eating something from the ground or off an animal. It's harder to abuse food in this form.

Sure, I'll forget about all this eventually, and go back to eating two pizzas, a side order of wings, and a side of tater tots in front of the tv, watching some bad Lifetime movie, and falling asleep. But for now, I want to get to into Tour de France shape :)

2 Comments:

At 1:56 AM, Blogger Cat said...

lol its easy to forget sometimes! Whole foods really are wonderful, theres something so satisfying about beans and rice and lean meats, fresh fruits and veg.
I know you know if we keep these binge incidents to 1 or fewer per month they wont get in the way... but until those moments become an issue, tour de france man you are! :)

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger stephenhow said...

Well, I'd have to say processed food is actually more "wonderful" than whole foods, but as long as I can make good tasting real food, I have a chance of staying away from the bad, bad, bad stuff. I also need to obsess about food and exercise to lose weight. Though I'm willing to try something drastic like moderation :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home