Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Ok, I'm Back

And, ahem, I have to lose a few kgs. I've been way too distracted developing my RoR-based web application, and I went a little crazy with the pizzas and Klondike bars. BTW, they don't just deliver one pizza anymore. The "Manager's Special" is either two large pizzas with one topping each, a side order of wings, and a side of potato poppers for $24.99, or one large deep dish pizza with two toppings and a medium with one topping for $15.99.

And I went crazy on the 4th of July weekend, eating like four hamburgers and a big bag of Lay's Potato Chips, and a bunch of Klondike Bars in front of the tv. I was describing one of these binges to the poker table (Anna was dealing), and these two young Marines at the table knew all about ordering a few pizzas and putting themselves (their quote) into a "food coma".

But I'm back now. I've been working out the whole time, but I've decided to eat better and get back down to 75kg, and then down to 70kg. My inspiration? The Tour de France. These guys are exactly my height (174cm), but they typically weigh about 65kg. Amazing. One of the guys I was watching today weighed 62kg. I'm sure I'd be a lot faster dropping 15kg. I'd probably feel a lot better too.

Well, I'm going to get there by cooking my own food again. I finally made my brown rice, lamb, and veggies stir-fry, and it was good. (Lately, dinner has been two huge burritos from the local Mexican take-aways.) It's the vegetables, whole grains, and clean proteins that are going to get me to my goal.

3 Comments:

At 2:25 AM, Blogger Cat said...

It's great to see you back Stephen, thanks for dropping in! You seem ready to go!!
I thought youd maybe met a girl and run away to start an outdoor fitness camp together somewhere there was no internet access...Colorado perhaps lol

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger stephenhow said...

That's what I should be doing, but alas, I was just wasting time on my project. I'll try to remember what I really should be doing ...

Good to see you again Cat!

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger stephenhow said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home