Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Lost Weight On Vacation (78.7 kg)

I had a great time in Hawaii last week, on a cruise touring the islands with my family. I was really skeptical at first, but by the 5th day on vacation, I didn't want to go home. I really experienced a change in perspective, after trying new things, and enjoying the warm weather and the beaches. I also received new inspiration to set a new target weight of 73 kg, and I learned a lot about how to get there.

The Norweigan Cruise Line ship had everything I needed to stay busy and to lose weight. They had satellite-based internet access, and I got a lot of work done during my downtime. (I woke up between 4:00 and 5:00 every morning.) They also had a pretty good gym, along with a aerobics room with spinning bikes. I worked out every day, and did outdoors things like kayaking and snorkelling. I lost 1.7 kg on the trip. This doesn't mean I starved myself; I had the chocolate tort desserts, and the cholocate croissants in the morning. I often had two breakfasts. It's just that I watched portions, and chose the high-fibre, low-starch items. But mostly, it was because I wasn't eating my usual two burrito dinners. I had the realisation that I didn't need two dinners satisfy my hunger.

Anyways, the trip helped me rededicate myself to the goal of getting down to 73kg. I realised I've been working out plenty, but that my eating habbits were very poor. (I attended a couple of seminars on board about health and fitness, which turned out to be sales pitches for some bogus $300 herbal detox products.)

The picture above is from an L&L Drive-In in Pearl City, HI. This is traditional Hawaiian fast food, aka junk food. I pretty much stopped eating after I took the picture. Don't worry, I ran about 6km (14 times around the ship) that morning.

1 Comments:

At 1:32 AM, Blogger Cat said...

sounds like you had a fanstastic time and i have a lot of catching up to do! glad to see you back again Stephen :)
So did the cruiseship have a running track or was it just easy to run around the decks? Sounds like a lovely active holiday, ive never known anyone to lose that much on holiday especially with the buffets on cruises lol you did a mighty fine job :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home