Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Chicken Noodle Salad (78.1 kg)

I've been cooking a lot of this lately -- chicken thighs, whole wheat spaghetti, mini-tomatoes, cuccumber, onions, red peppers, olive oil, vinegrette. When I'm at home, I toss it with mixed spring greens. But it packs well without the greens, tastes great, and saves at least $5/day in overpriced deli food.

I'm losing weight every day, by keeping the eating under control. Yesterday, I ran Torrey Pines after work (about 7km loop with 6%+ grade). I ate several servings of potato chips during the day, but I didn't completely lose it, and had an apple instead of other bad snacks. I had a large veggie omlete (probably 4 eggs), 1 1/2 slices whole wheat toast, and an orange for dinner. It was plenty of food. Maybe some people would consider that dieting, and restricting calories, but it's more about eating only what you need. I think about starving people in this world, and then I realise I'm eating like a king (on a diet).

2 Comments:

At 1:45 AM, Blogger Cat said...

i ate chicken and pasta last night for dinner but it didnt look nearly as good as that... its such a versatile dish too, you can add absolutely any vegetable and any kind of dressing to play up the flavour. I'll have to steal this idea for a balanced and nutritious lunch idea ;) Looks very filling.

Im so envious of your running abilities.....when did you start running? were you quite heavy?

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger stephenhow said...

When I was 105 kg, I knew I was too heavy to run. I just walked along, and figured I needed to get down to 90 kg to start thinking about running. I ended up starting right around that weight. Still, I can tell that as I lose more kgs, running will get easier and faster.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home