Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Carl's Jr Famous Star


Got back from OFC at about 7:45pm, and found that last week's chicken and fish were bad. I didn't have any protein left in the house, so I figured I'd walk to Carl's Jr, which is about 400m from my house. Of course, I didn't see anyone trick-or-treating in my neighborhood. I saw many more people walking at the Embarcadero tonight by far. I passed one guy walking, and saw one group of kids trick-or-treating.

Of course, the drive-thru had a steady stream of customers. A few people were seated inside too. There's always some stragglers here, myself included tonight. I've walked in early on a Saturday morning (like 6:30 am), to get some Minute Maid Lite Lemonade before spinning, and I always see a few men who look like they've been up all night. This is a pretty nice suburban neighborhood. Maybe they just like getting out of the house and sitting in a booth the whole morning. I don't know.

Anyways, I picked up a Famous Star, dry, with no mayo or any sauce. I don't care what Paris Hilton says, this is the best way to have it. It's pretty nutritious this way. The only bad thing is the beef, which has a strange texture that's not found in real food. Otherwise, not a bad meal. Too bad you can't get real beef at a fast food joint.

OFC was a great workout tonight. Sherri and I made it, and Jason led us through custom workouts. We did a lot of leg work, and after I told him my legs don't usually burn from stair work, he made me do a bunch of jumping squats that made me feel it. It was very warm tonight, and overall an ideal workout, since I didn't really want to sit at home and wait for the few kids that would come by. What's the Halloween version of "humbug"?

3 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Blogger Very Anonymous Mike said...

Ok, so you'll eat fast food, but not candy?

I think I leaving my world, and moving into yours.

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger stephenhow said...

Before you change your address, remember that all the music here are showtunes.

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Very Anonymous Mike said...

Dammit, Queerbert!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home