Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Monday, November 28, 2005

Bambu Bistro

I saw the Bambu Bistro last week while I was waiting for my take-away at Chef's Wok. It's an Asian fusion restaurant at 4th and University in Hillcrest, about a block from my gym. When I saw it last week, I wanted to ditch my order at Chef's Wok, and get something better here. I actually hadn't paid for my steamed fish order yet, so I could have done it, but I guess my parents taught me better. Instead, I put it at the top of my list for the next neighbourhood restaurant to visit.

The place is great. They're well set up for take-away, which is perfect for me. It's also fresh, healthy food, that in fits perfect with my food philosophy. Chef Alexandria is the owner, and she whipped up the salad rolls above. She's fun to talk with. And yes, her salad rolls are much better than the ones at Saffron, which are just mass produced. I could immediately tell the difference just by looking at them. They were great. I should have asked for some sauces though.

I ordered teriyaki salmon for my main calories. I was too hungry to photograph it before I ate it. I was suprised I didn't have to take out 1/2 the jasmine rice, because it was appropriately portioned. Wow, I landed in an alternate universe where overeating isn't institutionalised. The vegetables were probably prepared healthy as well. Anyway, I cleaned up the plate. I found a new healthy place for take-away, and I'll explore the menu in the next few weeks.

2 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, Blogger Very Anonymous Mike said...

I thought your food phiosophy was, "Hey! You gonna finish that"?

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger stephenhow said...

It's really, "What else can I order? I'm still hungry."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home