Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Monday, November 28, 2005

77.8 kg


I pretty much ate the same over the Thanksgiving break as I would have normally. Mainly good stuff, but the usual candy, chips, desserts, and the eating while watching television. I made up for the bad stuff by working out, and barely managed to make a new low weight this morning. I was almost afraid of getting on the scale this morning, because I ate a lot of leftover turkey yesterday, and that 225g x 6cal/g = 1350 calorie trail mix, a bunch of muselix, an apple, an avocado, etc. Could have been worse.

The picture above is the inside of the Village Club. It's a tiny poker room that's been family-owned since 1947. There are regulars there that have probably been there that long. I should ask some of them. Then again, I've been playing there for over 10 years. Ahem. I took the picure last Friday after the post-Thanksgiving OFC workout. That's the cageless cage, with Warren the floorman counting out some money with the cashier who's on the phone. It's funny how there's no seperation at all between all the cash and chips, and the rest of the room. Well, the place is manned 24 hours a day, so I guess it doesn't matter.

I got this homemade tamale from Sunny's Market next door.

2 Comments:

At 3:08 AM, Blogger Cat said...

what is a tamale? it looks like a corn husk with tomatosauce and mashed potatoes and if it is, im scared for your stomach :)

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger stephenhow said...

Trust me, they're great. It's corn meal, with a meat filling, with a spicy tomato-based sauce.

Thinking about it, you can make a Euro-Mexican fusion dish with polenta, shredded beef, and ... can't think of the sauce just yet ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home