Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Sunday, November 27, 2005

What Do They Call Cole Slaw?

Well, it's probably salade de chou. But the poutine is a better bet. I've had it in Canada, on a bike tour, at the end of a long ride, on a rainy day. We were starving and cold, and found a tiny grocery/restaurant in a tiny town along the Trans Canadian Trail, and it was perfect.

After running Torrey Pines, I went shopping and picked up some new running and road cycling shoes. I should have eaten and photographed some of our quirky regional food, but I bought a 225g bag of trail mix, and ate it instead.

2 Comments:

At 1:03 AM, Blogger Cat said...

kfc poutine is survivable but must admit new york fries poutine is better :)
can take the girl out of Canada, cant take Canada out of the girl.

i do like the kfc electric green coleslaw though, and dont know if admitting it will be good for my reputation but its my favourite coleslaw. kfc also has my favourite gravy mmm thick and peppery and nothing natural about it. lol

trail mix is good, maybe next time you could eat trail mix and also take pics of quirky regional food? what sorts of foods are they? im intrigued!

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger stephenhow said...

I also liked their cole slaw. I don't think we have the electric green variety though. When I used to get the 12-piece extra cripy meal at the drive thru, I'd always choose the coleslaw as one of my large sides, and the other would be potato wedge fries or mashed potatoes. I liked the fries better, but the gravy was tempting.

I think our carne asada fries are probably the functional equivalent to your poutine. It's a big favourite with the 2am weekend kids.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home