Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Restricting Doesn't Work

Okay, I finished binging yesterday by getting home, cooking 2 sausages, a salmon patty, eating all the bread (probably 400g) and crackers, and a banana and yogurt. When I get overly hungry, I either need to get out of the house, or eat everything in it. I chose the latter. That's why I don't keep dangerous things around the house. Not like they'd last or anything. The last time my friend came over and we decided to get junk food, I ate all the Oreos in about one sitting, and an ice cream bar a day after that.

So, restricting calories doesn't work. I need to eat fats, and to satisfy myself. With that in mind, I ate at Tacos El Gordo today, eating two adobada tacos, and cebollas and tortillas. I did the Outdoor Fitness Camp workout this morning, a small jog before that, then headed to Chula Vista. I had a bad session at the Village Club, losing -$78 over like 5 hours. The guy on my left was a maniac, straddling (my blind) in $3/$6 Omaha8 (which is crazy). He increased the variance, and made my game difficult. It wasn't easy to get into a Holdem game, so I suffered through it. The funny thing is this guy was Middle Eastern (not Iranian), but he spoke like Count Dracula. He would raise and bet on draws and bluffs (crazy in Omaha8), and would say things out loud like "I need the deuce of clubs" (read like, "I want to suck your blood"). Everything he said came out in this Transylvanian accent. "I need a club to scoop". I'm sure he ended up losing hundreds.

So, bad session, but I talked to Monica the dealer when she was in the box. It's easy to have an intimate conversation with the dealer when sitting in seat #1 or #9. In fact, if you get the dealer going about something they want to talk about, there'll be dealing errors eventually. Anyway, it turns out that Monica became certified to teach spinning at 24 Hour Fitness. She has some kind of workout obsession as well, and we talked about the Group X classes. Coincidence! I told her about Wednesday's spinning sub (the Richard Simmons guy), and she knew who I was talking about. ("Right away, when you said 'Richard Simmons', I knew who meant.") Pretty funny. This Imad guy was the person who trained her. We discussed how this high energy class was really popular with everyone, even though to me it was a lot of shrieking. Small world.

I did another strength workout today, before going to Overeater's Anonymous. We all had a fun dinner afterwards. Ironically, I go to OA for the food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home