Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Short Village Club Sesssion

After spinning, I went to Tacos El Gordo for dinner, and stopped by the Village Club. There was a $1/$3 No-Limit (Max $100 buy-in) seat open, and I took it, because I know it's a better game than $3/$6 Limit HE. In a limit game, I need lots of preflop action, drawing cards, and a flop, several times to win money. In the no-limit game, I need either to isolate someone when I hold the best hand, or trap someone, one time to double or triple up. Well, I pretty much hit the former, and doubled up quickly. I made another hand, but couldn't trap anyone. Then I lost some preflop money, and cashed out +$81 USD for the 2 hour session.

Joe the dealer came up to me tonight, and hugged me, pretty much because he was drunk. He might have seen me counting money in my wallet, because he said something like, you know, sometimes you have to show a little gamble. Meaning he can tell I'm a piker, and miserly tight. Well, I do talk up a loose image, but it's not the same thing. Anyways, he continued to hold me, and confide to me in his uninhibited state. He begins like, "you know, I remember you from way back". And I'm feeling a little uncomfortable, because I think he's going to get all honest, and tell me what a prick I am for coming to the cardroom, to scavage money from these bad gamblers. But, be says he's liked me from day one. I figure he's keeping it together, and isn't completely uninhibited. He sits down into a $6/$12 Limit HE game, for god knows what reason. Drink and gamble, the house specialty.

The game I got up from was really good. There's a young, good-looking Vietnamese kid that makes live straddle bets, and raises out of the blind every chance he gets. He makes it a point to gamble the table, putting in lots of preflop raises. He has a wild look in his eye, that I've seen before. It says uncontrollable gambler. But I've heard him speak, and he's not an idiot. But he's there to gamble. He was winning, pulling down big pots by flopping two pairs, and rivering straights. Most all the players are young posers. Kids are getting busted out left and right. That's why they never really spread no-limit before this TV poker craze. The general consensus was that the house would rather have the players beat each other slowly in limit games, rather than have people going broke to better players in no-limit. Made perfect sense. Why let the better players take the money, when the house could take it all through the rake. Well, there's no stopping this craze for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home