Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Monday, September 05, 2005

My Chili Is Getting Better

As I posted earlier, my last attempt at "chili" was a disaster, 12 hours of slow cooking two pounds of stew beef into an oxidized, monochromatic food mess. I decided the next time I'd make chili, I'd use ground beef and onions for flavour, and I'd make it on the stove in about an hour. So, last night I soaked some kidney beans, and this morning, I rooted around the cabinets for something to season with. I found probably a 5-year old can of enchilada mix, that still seemed edible after opening it up. Seeing as how I didn't have anything else, except for some cumin, I poured it into the my large saucepan, and hoped for the best.

As this mix started firming up, I started to imagine my chili would end up like a fantastic Taco Bell enchirito version of chili. I was getting pretty excited actually. I browned the ground buffalo and onions, and added them in. I stirred my enchirito mixture, and I was certain this was going to be the best kick-ass thing I've ever made. I figured I made up a new amazing recipe.

In actuality, it tasted suprisingly like my last attempt at chili. It was better, but it was obviously missing many things. Coincidentally, the Rachael Ray show was playing on FoodTV while I sat down for lunch, and she was making a huge batch of chili. She was using more ingredients than I'd ever thought of, and she called it a beginnger's recipe. This is getting a little frustrating. However, this last chili is edible, and I'll probably eat more of it later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home