Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Creatine Will Be My Gateway Drug

I bought some creatine at the gym tonight, hoping it'd help with all these injuries I'm picking up. I know I'm overdoing the workouts, and I've heard that creatine helps with recovery, and allows people to workout more. Sounds like exactly what I need. As soon as I ask for it, a trainer comes by to suggest I also take some amino acid supplements. I've heard this elsewhere, but it's hard enough for me to remember to take my other pills, so I figure I'll start out slow, and do one thing at a time.

Remember back when Mark McGuire explained his sudden improvement in power hitting and size, in his late 30's, on an over-the-counter supplement? I think many people bought this explanation, and Twinlabs became famous. I asked the trainers if they thought creatine was responsible for McGuire's results. They kind of demurred, and had to explain to me that those results came from "supplements" they couldn't sell at the gym.

There does seem to be quite a lot of legitamite research on the effect of creatine in improving short-term power output in closely spaced bursts. I think there's quite a lot of objective studies that show there's clearly a performance gain from creatine. And it's a lot cheaper than the "$153/bottle" leptoprin, which doesn't do anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home