Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Sunday, September 11, 2005

82.8 kg

I was suprised by this morning's new low weigh-in at 82.8 kg. I haven't been doing anything special lately, and in fact, I've been eating at Tacos El Gordo in Chula Vista for the last two days. On Friday, I skipped a workout, and went there for dinner, before heading to the Village Club cardroom. It was crowded, and there wasn't a free booth, so I shared a table with some people. We started talking, and this woman asked me if I knew how to order the right things. I told her I've only tried the carne asada (grilled beef) and adobada (roasted pork). She then told me about the nobales (cactus), lengua (tounge) tacos, and hand-made tortillas. I said I probably wouldn't like the tounge. She said it's good once you get over the idea of the body part, but I told her I was fine with the anatomy, it's just that there's no fat in the tounge. Things must have fat to taste good. If the tounge was fatty, it'd be a univerally desired part of the cow. She asked me how many tacos I'd eat, and I told her two, and she said even she ate four, and her boyfriend had six. These people were thin, and I'm sure almost no one except a small child would eat only two tacos. But, it's the right amount, I'm pretty sure. I ordered a dozen fresh tortillas to go, which was a little difficult, until someone translated my order.

So, on Saturday, I ended up doing two spinning classes and a full strength training workout. I woke up at 6am, had a few tortillas for breakfast, and headed to the gym. After the first spinning class, I ate a sandwich, the I tried to go to the Outdoor Fitness Camp workout. When I got there, I found they moved it, so I headed back to the gym, in time to sign up for the second spinning class, eat a protein bar, and get in most of a strength workout. After spinning, I finished the rest of strength, then headed to Tacos El Gordo. I had two carne asada tacos, then I tried the cactus taco, and the tounge taco. Just as I thought, the tounge didn't taste very good. Of course, it is probably much lower calorie than regular beef, so it's good for you.

Anyway, I played two sessions at the Village, and ended up about $59 down. Argh. For dinner, I made about 4 tacos from the fresh tortillas, using about 400g (1 lb) of chicken thighs, onions, and peppers. I also had a couple extra tortillas.

1 Comments:

At 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Steve,
I'm not sure if you've ben receiving our updates but FitCamp has moved to Coronado in Tidelands Park, just at the base of the bridge as you cross over into Coronado. We had to switch locations due to Pop Warner Football being played at Balboa Stadium. We were holding class on the upperfields but people really love the scenery, fresh air and feel of the park in Coronado.

We hope you get to come out this Saturday at 9am for a great workout and great scenery! We miss your enthusiasm and humor in class!

We look forward to having you come back out buddy. Let me know if you have any questions (directions to Tdelands Park are on the Saturday FitCamp sign-up page).

Take care and stay focused; sounds like even thogh you have been eating a bit more and backing off a little you're still losing weight which is great!

Randy
PS Hows the chest been feeling?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home