Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

X-Rays Negative

I had a pretty bad scare that I destroyed the cartilage in my knees, due to my arthritis, and being sedate for 2 years. Before I was diagnosed with arthritis, my joints were wearing down from the inflamation, and the x-ray of my right wrist would make you cringe. So, I thought I was in serious trouble with my knees, since I hadn't been exercising while I was eating pizza and fast food and balooning up to 90+ kg. My knees had been bothering me since December of last year and I've neen pretty much hobling around since. Since starting exercise, my knees have felt sometimes better, sometimes worse.

Anyways, my doctor ordered x-rays of the knees, to see if there was bone erosions or narrowing of the gap. The radiologist actually wrote that there was narrowing of the gap (the gap is where your cartilage is, and you want a healthy, large gap). He said there were effusions too, but no bone erosion, and no large bone spurs. But, I got very scared about the narrowing part, and I thought I was screwed. Today, when the doctor brought up my x-rays (electronically, BTW), I was very scared to look at them. But, he told me that while he might be able to see some signs of effusions (excess fluid), they looked very good, and I had a large, healthy gap. He said the radiologist just wrote the "narrowing" and "effusions" stuff, because he thought he was supposed to find something. Amazing relief. The pain that I have running is probably just due to tendonitis (from over-training to the point of injury), my excess weight (I still have 10 - 15 kg to lose), and the long period of inactivity. I'm in the process of making it all healthy again. I am a happy camper. Spinning tonight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home