Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Tastes Like Beef

Suprisingly, ostrich doesn't taste like chicken at all. It tastes like beef. I'm not sure what "tastes like chicken", other than chicken. I think people just have an inability to describe tastes. On the other hand, all the exotic meats I've tried lately tastes like beef. Buffalo tastes like beef. Ostrich tastes more like beef than buffalo does. I'm still not clear on venison, since I only had some bad sausage. But, if I were to describe the chicken sausage I've been eating lately, I'd have to say it tastes like sausage. Good pork chops, though, are very succulent. Anyway, I doubt that many things taste like chicken. Chicken fat has a very distinctive taste.

Anyway, the ostrich is very good. It's lean and just mildly gamey, if at all. It's a light burger. I'll definitely buy it again.

Tomorrow I'm going to get the BodyGem BMR and body fat % testing. I want a more accurate measurement of body fat, and I'll get a consulation on what my long term goals should be. I'll also get some other pointers from the trainer / nutritionist. Should be interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home