Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Crowded Elevator

I rode an unusually crowded elevator from the garage to the office this morning. The elevator was acting up, so it was one of those rare moments in life when people talk to each other in an elevator. And of course, it was just people exaggerating about how screwed up the elevators in the building are. I guess we demonstrate to others how important|cool|mistreated we are when the elevators don't operate at our at our beck and call. Anyway, it's crowded, so people can't press their own buttons and thus avoid talking to others. People are quickly calling out floors in succession, before the elevator starts moving. "Can you press 6 please?". "Can you press 4 please?". There's almost human interaction. But, more than that, this reminds me of a crowded roulette table where people are trying to get their bets down before the ball is released. "22 black please."

1 Comments:

At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I showed up this morning, there was a flustered looking woman there who scowled at my "Good Morning" before sighing and telling me she had been there for FIVE MINUTES already.

I waited with her for about a minute before turning to take the elevator in the garage to the first floor, but as I turned on my heel, we heard the ironic *ding* from the elevator.

What is it about elevators that brings out the superstitious in us? Somehow, I knew that the elevator wouldn't come until I turned to leave, and the very act of turning would ensure its arrival.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home