Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Monday, August 08, 2005

More Metrics

I went to a new (for me) spinning class tonight, where the instructor was very nice, and very cool. I did my strength workout before the class, and took the time to warm up very extensively on the bike before the actual class started. I know I look overweight (still have 10kg to go before I'm normal), but I clearly have the best endurance and power in the class. My form on the straights is the best too.

Anyway, I talked to the instructor after class. She's petite, vegan thin, and has a six-pack. She wears a 1/2 top in class, and she's wonderful, all smiles and sunshine. I wonder if there's a trick to being so wonderful. I need to follow her example. So I tell her thanks, good class (the typical stuff), and say I'm still losing weight, and can't wait until I'm in shape. She's very interested, because it turns out she's a nutritionist. What a dreamgirl! Anyway, we talk about weightloss, diets, etc. She mentions I could measure BMR with the BodyGem device, and says I could try it out, even though I'm losing weight on my own. I'm sure the BMR measurements are important when someone claims they're working out like mad, eating very little, but not losing weight. I've already proved that when you're accurate about food (to the gram), you lose weight, without any uncertainty. But, I'm pretty interested anyway. I'll see if they also measure body fat. It'd be fun to talk to a trainer. The basic BodyGem measurement is about $50, and a consultation might cost about $100. I'll look into it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home