Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Saturday, August 06, 2005

The Sympathy I Get

You may or may not know I've been a recluse for quite a while now. I haven't seen my parents in over a year, even though they live a few kilometers away. I haven't seen my brother or sister in probably two years, nor any relatives. I haven't seen some friends in town for over 3 years. So people are pretty convinced I need help. I will talk to my parents on the phone, and try to explain how I feel. I know my situation has made my parents very concerned and it's caused my mother a lot of pain. I think she understands why I'm this way, but she just wants me to visit. Some relatives who don't understand think my problem will be cured by Prozium. Of course, I'm skeptical of these psycho-pharmacuetical therapies, and it should be very clear what my problem is. But, I don't think there's a DSM diagnosis for loniless and (hurt) pride. Still, I'm not ruling out that the drugs might cure it.

So anyway, I call my sister out of the blue a few minutes ago, and I get the warm hello that sounds exactly like the scene in a movie when the patient calls up the doctor waiting with the straight-jacket and butterfly net. She's nice, and listens, etc. I try to explain I'm not nuts. More patient listening and sympathy. I've never had a conversation like this with my sister before. Usually, she was the one seeing therapists, and (I've heard) taking the meds. Well, I guess she who laffs last ...

I did 60 min of stairmaster @ 250W today, a new level for me. I expected to get into spinning based on last weeks attendence of 1/3 full, but today was insane in the gym. Last weekend, it was dead. Today, kickboxing classes, step, blasting music, wait lists for spinning, waits for the eliptical trainers. It turns out that last weekend was a fluke, due to Gay Pride weekend. Anyway, I powered through the workout, and made it worth my while.

I'm headed to a picnic to see friends I haven't seen in quite a while. I'll probably go to my parents afterwards. I'll book some time with a therapists if I can find one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home