Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Super-Size Me

I caught the last 1/2 of Super-Size Me, and since Morgan Spurlock didn't look horrible at this point, I was able to enjoy the movie. Good stuff. He actually caused McDonald's to change their menu and offer healthy options, and to discontinue the Super-Size option.

The epilogue scroll said it took him 5 months to lose 20 lbs after the experiment, and another 9 months to lose the last 4 1/2 lbs to his original weight. Sounds like he didn't get very extreme trying to lose back the weight. So now I don't feel so nutty for the 2-a-day workouts and the weigh-all-food-to-the-gram obsession.

I made the gym tonight, and did the full strength training session, but only did 40 min of cardio at 85% MHR. In other words, I looked like a normal person on the stairmaster and the treadmill. This 20 min jog @ 3% incline and 7.7 km/h only raised my heartrate to 85% max. I didn't breath hard, or sweat much. Still, it's the first time I've run in a very long time.

I noticed I didn't get very hungry after the workout. I ate a total of 1700 calories today, and I'm not hungry now. Hopefully, I can get to sleep soon, and make spinning tomorrow morning. So I'll only go nuts on cardio 3 times a week, and do 85% MHR on the other 3 days.

I measured my blood pressure and heartrate on the public machine at Rite-Aid. I was 110/70 and 51 bpm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home