Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Seperated Cardio From Stength Workouts

I did my cardio workout this morning, and I did the strength training after work. The trainer convinced me that I'd get more out of my strength training (i.e., put on muscle mass) if I rested after the resistence training. Before I'd do cardio afterwards, and probably burned off a lot of muscle.

The morning workout made me hungry in the day, and I ate more than usual. I'm not sure how much more benefit I get in the day from elevating my metabolism in the morning. I read somewhere that you get 75% of the benefit in the first 1-2 hours following a workout. This means I probably wasn't missing to much by doing cardio at night. But, I think seperating the workouts is good for maximing the beneft of both of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home