Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Soylent Enchiladas


Soylent is perfect for the Hamburger Helper type recipes that call for one pound of ground meat and one packet of (enchilada|chili|sloppyjoe) mix. I made a batch of enchiladas tonight, and they were fine. I just followed the recipe on the back of the package, and it all worked out. I also used fat-free mozzarella, which is probably a soy product as well. The recipe made 8 enchiladas, and I ate two for dinner. It'll probably make another 3-4 meals.

2 Comments:

At 12:26 AM, Blogger Cat said...

hmm it actually looks pretty good, im looking forward to trying the stuff... how is the texture after its hydrated? would it stick together to make a burger patty or would it need some bonding agent?

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger stephenhow said...

I used a little too much water, but I was able to drain it off. I found that other people add things like wheat and rice, to give it flavour and firmness. Check out these recipes for some ideas. I can't wait till I try it.

BTW, the bulgur wheat rocks! Woohoo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home