Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Now You're Cooking With Soylent

I found the textured vegetable protein in the bulk section of my produce store, and I couldn't resist picking up a kilo for a few D's. I wasn't sure how to cook it, but I figured I could find out about it on the web. Sure enough, this stuff is affectionately called TVP. And yes, it is an extruded food product. It looks like all you do is rehydrate it 2:1 or so, and use it as a meat substitute. I found some recipes, and will probably try the burger first.

3 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Blogger Cat said...

now that looks like some interesting stuff!! im going to search for it around here. Do tell how your burgers turn out

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger stephenhow said...

BTW, I got the bulgar wheat, pinenuts, and raisins. I'm going to try your recipe soon. But I don't think I need a side with my Soylent, because I it's like 2/3 protein, 1/3 carbs (and a lot of fibre).

 
At 1:42 AM, Blogger Cat said...

lol i think i found something similar to your soylent here... for 100g dehydrated its 50g protein, 1.5g fat. sound similar? Its on its way so im going to give it a go when it gets here hmmm. soylent enchiladas sound tasty lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home