Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Good Rest Day, Good Poker Night

I followed Anna's advice for Saturday, and went home after camp and rested. No poker at Barona. No internet poker. Just relaxed and got myself back together. I woke up early on Sunday, and went through all my backed up mail, and started preparing my taxes. It felt great to get something accomplished, instead of limping in the night before, getting half a night's sleep, eating poorly, and trying to work it off. Instead, I only ate when I was hungry today, and took another rest day.

When the evening came, I had my fill of taxes, and I took off to The Village Club to relax. I had a good time playing with the other degenerates in a $200 max buy-in, $1/$3 blind no-limit game. Jeff showed up carrying a laptop. I asked if he was doing taxes, but it turns out nowdays there's a few people that play online poker over cellular broadband. So, he plays online while he's waiting to get into a live game. It's not as bad as you think. He puts it down once he gets into a real game. And at least he's not like floorman Cowboy, who plays the Sunday tournament while he's driving home from his morning shift.

Anyways, I win $70, and had a good time. But doing my taxes and mail, and eating reasonably felt even better.

3 Comments:

At 4:09 AM, Blogger Cat said...

taxes make me want to rip my hair out and glue it to the wall in fascinating patterns. stress release meets artistic expression. :)

so i have to be nosey for a second, is gambing your career? or a hobby, and if it isnt your career, are you in any way heavily involved in IT? and by heavily i mean do you possess übergeek abilities?

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger stephenhow said...

I'm not a professional gambler, just a degenerate :) I'm an engineer, and occasionally mess around with web IT stuff for fun. I build a plone website, but I want to re-write in in Ruby on Rails. The idea is to stay home more, and program useful things, instead of playing no-limit hold'em all the time. I might get started on the re-write soon ...

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Very Anonymous Mike said...

Don't let him sidetrack you from the "Ubergeek" question, Cat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home