Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Taco Fried Rice

I thought I was inventing a new dish tonite, but after tasting it, I realised I'd already had it before. I took a pound of ground beef, and browned it with an onion, a green bell pepper, cilantro, and a package of taco seasoning. Then I fried it in a skillet with some brown rice and roma tomatoes. It tasted pretty good, but in the end, it was very close to Rice-A-Roni, or Hamburger Helper. It didn't take long to finish all of it, which probably had about (400g ground beef)(1.8 cal/g) + (100g rice)(4 cal/g) = 1120 calories.

Outdoor Fitness Camp was good tonight, Angie and Anna were there, and Jason not only brought the 10 lb vest for me, he also brought sandbags for all of us to carry and press. Mine weighed 45 lbs. Ahhh, nothing like stairs, sprints, and weights all together at the same time. But we're all addicted to it by now. Before, my Wednesday night OFC workout was a 'lite' day. I think those days are over.

8 Comments:

At 4:58 AM, Blogger Cat said...

sweet skateboarding christ. is there much vomitting going on at your ofc's?

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger stephenhow said...

No, I cooked after camp :)

I was the only one wearing the vest, and the girls had lighter sandbags. It's a great leg workout though.

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

Yum that sounds like something I would've invented :D I would propably have added some kidney beans too. Do you mind if I'll steal your receipe and suprpirse DH next weekend?

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger stephenhow said...

Can you even get taco seasoning in Finland? What's a popular dish over there? I'll make up a bastardised recipe for it over here. Just like my local deli uses broken up Top Ramen in their Asian fusion wrap. (It's actually pretty good.)

 
At 3:36 AM, Blogger Cat said...

no worries, if she cant get taco seasoning i can always send some!!

work those sandbags! ;)

 
At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Stephen,

Totally off-topic, but is OpenPortf...com (you know) now defunct? Could you please let me know? Thanks

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger stephenhow said...

Jonathan -- it'll be back up in a few days. I went over my disk usage because of some old files, and they want me to clean it up first. I've been lazy. I want to rewrite that whole application.

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Very Anonymous Mike said...

Cat, don't listen to him. He's a fitness psycho. He loses any more weight, and I'm going to start tossing him for exercise. BTW -- we are NOT addicted to FiTramp. It's eats ass. I do it because I hate myself, and in a former life, I hated myself, too. (FYI -- he calls women's breasts "lighter sandbags." Very rude. Very crude. He makes me ill.

I have friends from Finland. A popular dish in Finland is alcohol. After that? More alcohol. I might be moving.


WTF is "OpenPortF"? What is the point of having asian friends if they do not share their computer wisdom with you?

Back to Cat-- once upon a time at FiTramp, I had to run away from a woman because she needed some "alone time" while she dry-heaved onto the track.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home