Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Now If I Only Liked To Shop

Yesterday was a productive day, if you call working out twice, eating a pizza, napping, then playing 6 hours of poker productive. There's probably a better adjective to describe the nature of these activities. After spinning, Outdoor Fitness Camp was especially fun, because Jason brought a 10 lb weighted vest for me to work out in. You know you're addicted to exercise when you can't wait to try out the 20 lb vest. Afterwards we went to Indulgence for brunch with Anna, her cousin, and two other dealers from Barona. I learned about facials. No, not that kind.

There's nothing like wasting a Saturday afternoon watching a two-part made-for-tv movie like And The Sea Will Tell, ordering a large veggie thin crust pizza, and taking a nap. George called at about 5pm to see if I wanted to play poker. There's nothing like a co-dependent to make you feel better about committing your sins.

I got to Barona around 6:30 pm, and sat down in a $200 max buy-in No-Limit game, with $1/$3 blinds. I bought in for $100, and my first hand is QQ. I raise to $12 in late position, and flop a set. I make about $75 on this hand. Very soon after, I have AQh in the big blind. I flop top pair with the nut flush draw. I bet out $8, get a call, and a minimum raise to $16. I just call, and hit my flush on the turn. I slow play, and make $50 more on the river. Turns out some guy flopped a set of 5's, and he slowed down on the turn. I probably should have made a lot more on that hand. I probably should have made a lot more on the night. I made 2 or 3 mistakes where I either folded the best hand, or didn't maximize my profits with the best hand. Anyways, I ended up +$400 USD ahead, and finally got out of there at about 2:30am.

George sat down at a $4/$8 limit game for some bad reason, even though I tried to get him to sit down at NL. I knew he was in for a night of frustration in that game, and he'd lose money, and blame bad callers. In my game, you mostly thank bad callers. I looked around his table, and saw the usual loose callers that you can identify just by looking.

Now, I need to get off my reclusive *ss, and go shopping some time.

2 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger LP Baker Climb For The Cure 2006 said...

Hey man, good for you on making your huge progress on your goals! Just a distant kudos from someone with a blog next to yours. I clicked "next blog" and yours came up. I'm up in AK and my blog is training related for climbing Mt. Baker for breast cancer. Your site is a great inspiration. Cheers from the north dude, LP

http://lpclimbingforthecure.blogspot.com/

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Very Anonymous Mike said...

How many calories are in a facial?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home