Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Last 2 Kilograms (Starting The Zone Diet)

In America, we used to say it was hard to lose the last 5 lbs. You don't hear that anymore, since we've adopted "Super-Size Me", or "large fries" as our motto. Nevertheless, it's pretty true. I've been stuck at my current weight for the last month, mostly because I've been eating chocolate and crisps every day, occasionally binging on ice cream or pizza, and otherwise not being optimal with my diet. I've been working out as usual, and always look forward to it. But, I'm not really conscious about the refined sugar and "white" carbs I've been eating. Needless to say, I'm not counting calories anymore.

Last night I was watching the Diet Doctor on FitTV, and they were putting a guy on the Zone Diet. The host is an MD, and she agreed with the value of the Zone, since it's all about eating clean proteins, and whole grains, vegetables, and fruit, and eliminating processed carbs. It's a great way to live, and for losing weight, but it's hard to adhere to in our comfort-food society. It got me motivated to try to lose the last few kilos, and otherwise see how low I can get my weight down to.

Can I stick to such a plan? If I can, it's because I'm interested in the experiment. I figure there's two ways for me to get down to an ideal weight -- either counting calories, or adopting the Zone philosophy.

So here's my plan for my Modified Zone Diet:

  • Replace "white" carbs with complex carbs (fruits, vegetables, whole grains)
  • No calorie counting
That's it. Just getting back to a more natural diet, before all the temptations of processed food. As simple as it is, it'll be hard to do, so I'll probably post everyday about it. And since my daily weight should quickly reflect this good diet, we'll see if it works.

1 Comments:

At 2:38 AM, Blogger Cat said...

im very curious to know how you get on with the zone! i only ever hear good things about it so you can probably kiss those 2kg goodbye ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home