Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Super Bowl Sunday

Ok, I'm at John & Denise's, and John just won $10 on "tails" on the coin toss. So he's almost free-rolling for the day :)

I took the Steelers -4 1/2, for $120. Then I find out Anna took the opposite bet for $200. So, if I lose, I'll be happy for her, and visa versa. (What I really need is a quick score from Pittsburgh, then I might enjoy watching the game.) Denise made some real lemonade, guacamole, and other treats. I brought the chocolate.

Last night I lost -$14 playing no-limit at Barona. I was up $70, but by the time Anna hit my table in the rotation, I was barely ahead. It was another Amateur Night at Barona. Guys making bad bets and bad calls. People handing over all their chips on one hand. One time, a guy raises preflop with an obvious high pair. He gets two preflop callers. There's nothing on the flop, and his overpair is good, so he bets like $60, and gets two callers again. The turn pairs the high card on the board, and it's obvious one of the callers makes trips. Trips bets like $30, thinking he's making a value bet. A King hits on the river, and the preflop raiser checks again to the trip 8's, who makes a really stupid $15 "value" bet. He gets check-raised by the overpair guy for over $300. It's pretty clear this guy made the miracle 2-out nut full house on the river, but the trip 8's guy makes a horrible call, and pays him off. He blames the river, the players, etc. Never thinks his $15 bet on the river was a worthless risk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home