Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Still Haven't Binged


Someone give me a medal. No tacos today. No pizza. Instead, I made a roast, tofu, and baked sweet potato fries. And I've only eaten some of the roast so far. When I was at Whole Foods, and asked for a roast, the butcher asked how many people I was serving. I told him I was eating the whole thing. He looked at me, but didn't say anything. Geez, they never ask you at the drive-thru who the 12-piece extra crispy meal is for. Can you imagine this conversation at Krispy Kreme?

"Hi, I'd like some donuts."
"How many people are you serving?"
"Ummm ... Well the 6 raised chocolate are for the Jones', and the Smiths like the 6 custard filled ..."

I'm pretty sure the last time I went thru the Krispy Kreme drive thru at 10pm, they knew who the donuts were for. And they expect everyone to buy a dozen. I think if you try to buy six donuts a la carte, it's more expensive than a dozen to go.

5 Comments:

At 2:23 AM, Blogger Cat said...

Those must be the sweet potato fries hmm? no prizes for uniformity but they probably tasted great! Did you put anything on them? I find a paste of olive oil, garlic, chili & brown sugar punded up in the pestel and mortar then shake it together with the potato in a bag makes the flavour of the potato explode in a very nice way. Just an idea for the future ;)

ps. im glad we dont have donut places here.

 
At 2:23 AM, Blogger Cat said...

oh, and that should be done before baking not after ;)

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger stephenhow said...

Thanks for the recipe Cat. It has the ring of yumminess. I like the mixing in the bag idea too. I post pics the next time I make it, which will be soon.

 
At 4:03 AM, Blogger Cat said...

yes the plastic ziplocs do come in handy when its about getting food evenly coated with flavours.
looking forward to those photos!

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Very Anonymous Mike said...

"Ring of yumminess"? Jeez, Stephen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home