Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Good Rest Day, Bad Poker Night

I made it through my rest day without binging, and not eating chocolate. After working out for the last six days, I finally took a rest day on Friday. Usually, I'd end up eating something bad on rest day, then I'd feel guilty, and figure I'd have to make up for it at the next workout. Well, I avoided that part of the vicious cycle so far, so I can take it easy today, and only do one workout. I'm not sure if there'll be an OFC today, since it was raining last night. There probably will be camp, since it's not raining now.

I had a bad poker session last night, and dumped -$200 USD. I ran into pocket aces twice. I didn't make any hands, which would have been alright, but I made a blunder holding QQ on the big blind. Pocket aces (AA) opened for a mini-raise of $6. There were about 4 callers, and I looked down and saw pocket Queens (QQ) in my big blind. I raised to $70, which was way too much. Pocket aces went all in, and I knew I was beat. I should have folded, but called another $80, hoping to hit a Queen on the flop. Sure enough, he turns up AA, and I go home now. I probably would have lost the same with them, because the flop was all undercards, and I was in early position. It might have worked out the same. So actually, my raise was good, I just didn't make the correct laydown for $80. It's a hard play to make. And it'd put me on tilt, unless he showed after I folded.

I dumped off half of what I won last week. It sucks enough to make me not want to play poker tonight :) Well, at least there's a new Full Tilt Poker client for the Mac. Now I can play anywhere on my PowerBook. That's the good poker news.

The other good news is that I didn't add injury to insult by getting a carne asada burrito or Super Star combo with large fries at the drive-thru. I just ate my loss instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home