Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The Biggest Loser (Season 2, Live Finale)

The grand finale of NBC's The Biggest Loser aired last night as a 2 hour live special. The final three contestants were on their own at home for the last 5 months, training for the final weigh-in on live television. I really thought that Seth would win, but Matt's bulldog dedication and athletic instinct saw him through to losing a total of 46% of his starting weight. Suzy looked great and gave it a great effort, but came up a few % points short.

Again, it's a very inspirational show, and it motivates me to shoot for higher fitness goals. Most of the contestants looked amazing, and were unrecognisable from their earlier selves, both physically and in personality. They often talked about their new zest for life, as they jumped around on stage.

I'm not sure what the viewers draw from the show. I guess it depends on your outlook. Skeptical people will probably dismiss it one way or another. Maybe some people think the diets are too restrictive. (You see Suzy in a Thai restaurant cry because she can't eat anything on the menu. Seth won't eat pasta or carbs. Notice how I had a Thai burrito last night.) Or maybe people think the workouts are too demanding. Me, I see that I'm going to drop another 5-8 kgs, and feel great about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home