Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Too Much Attitude

God, it's 7:15 am on a Saturday, I'm waking up at 6:00am, working on 4.5 hours of sleep, kicking my butt up the "hills", clearly working the Tour de France, and I get attitude from the spinning instructor. Ok, back it up. Three weeks ago, the last time I made the Saturday morning class, one of the desk people (Miguel) at 24 Hour Fitness asks to talk to me aside after class. I ask him what's it about, and he says there was a complaint against me in the class for not bringing a towel. Then he adds, it would have been ok, except you wrung your shirt out on the floor. Okay, I (now) know it sounds bad. But from my perspective, I'm doing the fricking Tour de France. Sweat means work. Lance Armstrong is a spokesman for 24 Hour Fitness. Nobody complains when he sweats as he's climbing up the Alps at an insane pace, breaking the likes of Jan Ullrich and Alexander Vinikurov. I take the class the most seriously by far. I've talked to the other instructors about the sweat, and they said not to worry. But this time, I get a complaint filed against me. It really pissed me off at the time, and I asked who made the comment, and Miguel just said it was "a member".

I think the person who really filed the complaint was the instructor. I know she liked me at first, but I really think I'm getting some attitude now. All the instructors attended some retreat last weekend, and know she's saying there'll be changes to the way things are run. She wants everyone to wipe down their bikes after class. Ok, I'm kind of in agreement with this, but I really don't like the way she's handling it, with all the sudden enforced discipline. She's getting too Nazi over all of this. I used to have fun. We used to have fun. Maybe she thinks I'm psycho for the way I ride. Maybe she feels threatened by my effort. Usually, instructors love people who try hard. But, maybe I'm looking too earnest, trying too hard. I'm doing this for myself, not for anyone else. I'm not getting good vibes from her class. This is silly.

Ok, I've vented. On the other hand, OFC was relaxed today, as a good second workout. Afterwards, two of us went to Tacos El Gordo. Then I dumped $100 USD at the Village Club. Argh. Time to wax the car before the Overeater's Anonymous meeting. I'm going there for dinner.

1 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I think people can absolutely understand a sweaty person. On the other hand, we're all expected to clean off our equipment. The gym is already a germ-pit w/o leaving warm pools as breeding grounds.

Also, you never know if a member went to the instructor who then had a responsibility to report it to a manager. I don't think wringing out your sweat in the middle of the floor is the same as taking a piss, but it's definitely a second cousin.

Very Anonymous Mike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home