Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

April Fool's Day

I'm sitting here coding away and the phone rings just a minute ago. I get connected to some boiler room, and the con artist on the other end starts his introduction about some police and fire department charity. I remember when I first got these calls, I used to feel the cops were asking me for money, and I' be declining at my own risk. As irrational as it is, it's invoked in about everyone they call, so they've been at it for years. Maybe I was emboldened by April Fool's day, or maybe I was pissed off for being distracted from my project, but this time I told them curtly, "Look, I have a warrant out for my arrest, so I don't want to donate to any police charity." The guy was stunned, and couldn't even say anything. After a long silence, I just hung up.

For a special April Fool's Day, check out the original version of "Stairway To Heaven" by the Silver Beatles, during their Hamburg days. Coverville Show #164

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home