Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Add Soylent To The List of "Bad Manic Ideas"

Ok, there's nothing like real food. Especially a pollo asado burrito from the Roberto's Taco stand right next to the Palomar club, right after spinning, and before sitting down in a "free money" $1/$2-blinds, $100 max buy-in No-Limit Hold'Em game. The Palomar sits in the golden triangle of take-away food, just metres from Roberto's, and two other Mexican take-aways, a Coco's, and a Wendy's (?). They have their own Chinese kitchen somewhere in the back, but it looks like everyone orders from these other places. The waitress (Foo-Foo) just runs orders to these restaurants. She'll hand you the actual menu from Coco's, the full 3-fold plastic laminated one with pictures and prices, and ask what you want. The other night I asked to order from the (in-house) Chinese menu, and she looked suprised. Last night when she handed the Coco's menu to a player at the poker table, I asked, "Foo-Foo, did you steal that from Coco's?". She only understood the "Coco's" part of my question, and asked if I wanted to order something from there.

Ok, I've been playing too much. Since the last time I posted (the +$335 USD night), I've only won another +$35. On the positive side, I've been doing constructive things at home, and I'm working my other web project. All I need to do now is to go clothes shopping :(

3 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, Blogger Very Anonymous Mike said...

A chick named "Foo Foo" that does not know Engrish and brings me food? Where do I sign?

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Cat said...

you defininitely have the pocket cash for clothes, whats the problem? waiting in lines and people crowding you in? just taking a wild guess, its the reason i hate shopping... well, best remedy for that is early on saturday mornings when everyone is sleeping the party off

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger stephenhow said...

Most guys hate shopping in general. Actually, the best time for me to go is after the gym, there's no one shopping 7-9 pm. I do like new clothes, especially now, but it's just too much hassle to get them :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home