Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Friday, December 23, 2005

Krakatoa Cafe


I did some last minute shopping downtown today, and I wandered around afterwards looking for an interesting place for lunch. I found the Krakatoa Cafe, which looks like a converted house in the Golden Hills area. I'd never been in the neighbourhood before, which is charming and interesting. The Krakatoa reminds me of a tree house, and they have all wood fixtures inside, and a it's like a college coffee shop. I sat and read the local arts newspaper while slowly eating 1/2 of this sandwich. I boxed up the other half.

The guy who took my order was wearing a t-shirt that had the words "MONO" a picture of a gun, followed by "KILL". I asked him if it was a reference to Phil Spector. He thought about it, then smiled and said I made his day. Glad I bring someone happiness.

Oh, by the way, I was feeling pretty much sick again, so I ate a whole bag of Double Stuff Peanut Chocolate Oreos.

I ran across a pictoral of someone's Arby's Roast Beef Challenge, which checking other photos tagged with roast beef.

3 Comments:

At 1:52 AM, Blogger Cat said...

that looks so good, drool drool drool. Hope your holidays are going well!

 
At 5:20 AM, Blogger Cat said...

are you still alive over there? just wanted to pop in to say happy new year!! hope you are having a great time and tasting lots of tasty things :)

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger stephenhow said...

Yes, I'm alive, but only since today :) Happy New Year Cat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home