Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Climbed Back On The Scales

After a few days of binging, I decided to see how far I set myself back, so I got back on the scale this morning. Suprisingly, I'm only at 77.4 kg, 0.4 kg off my low weight, and I made a 20.0% morning body fat reading. So, even though I sat on the couch the entire Sunday, ate a medium pizza in 5 minutes, and ate 8 tamales over the weekend, and ate probably 350g of chocolate over 2 days, and two grilled cheese sandwiches last night, and had 3 rest days over the last 6 days, I'm okay on the scale. I didn't set myself back too far at all.

Binging is a part of life. Sure, there are people that won't eat the entire pizza. They're apparently saints. I won't do it in front of people, but on the couch and in front of the tv, the minimum amount of pizza I'm going to eat is one pizza (or all the pizza). I knew when I ordered it, I'd be eating all of it in one sitting. However, I wasn't sure if I'd be hungry later on for dinner. It turns out I was.

Sure, the first 3 slices tasted the best. Actually, the first slice had the most guilt. Well, maybe the last slice did. Or the penultimate slice, since I knew I was going to eat the remaining one a few seconds later. But the first slice tasted just like it did 6 months ago, when I was very overweight, and unhappy, and receiving my pizzas though an expanded mail slot in the front door (just kidding). But I'd order the pizza from the couch, in the same pair of sweatpants I wore every day, because they were the only things that fit. My hair would be bent in weird shapes from sleeping on it, and on Sunday, it'd have been a few days since I took a shower. The same guy from Pizza Hut would usually deliver, and he'd remember me from my fairly good tip. He'd probably also knew I was one of those eat-thru-delivery recluses. Anyway, like I said, the first slice reminded me of all that, because I can taste the oil baked in the Pizza Hut crust. It's buttery, but I actually don't like it.

Well, like I said, I withstood the latest binges ok, and I'm still on track, better for the experience. I'm looking forward to either spinning or OFC tonight, whatever works out.

5 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Blogger Very Anonymous Mike said...

Hey, if you need help, I'm there for you man. I'll be your pizza sponsor. I'll take that pizza grenade for you. Just call me, and I'll be there to knock half of it out for you. That would be the guilt half. There you go! Guilt free pizza. Not getting enough pizza? Order TWICE a week. Call me twice. That's TWICE with no guilt.

Like I said, I'm there for you, man.

 
At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha... I'm like that with bags of Cheetos. I don't stop until I see the bottom of the bag. So I only by them twice a year :)

I'm off to eat me a Kobe beef burger. I went skiing today, so I deserve it. Really...

 
At 1:53 AM, Blogger Cat said...

Its so weird to have a male perspective, that women arent the only ones who do this... i do have to admit i would pinch you if i were closer though, all that and only 0.4kg gain? lucky bastard. cheers matey

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger stephenhow said...

Jonathan -- I've seen the Kobe Beef burger on menus. I expect that it'd be a $50 hamburger, but I'm told it's not that kind of Kobe Beef.

Cat -- I think guys do it, but they're not likely to open up about it. I was talking to my friend last night, who read my pizza post, and eventually admitted that pizza is the one thing he might overeat. Slowly, it came out that he might eat the whole pizza. Hallejulah.

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Very Anonymous Mike said...

DeMille's Pizza on Adams Ave. and 35th.

They got pesto sauce on tap.


Lovin' it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home