Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Returned To OA

I went back to Overeater's Anonymous tonight, and actually spoke up, instead of hiding in the back. I was actually at The Village Club all afternoon, following the spinning workout at 7:15 am, and the OFC training session at 9 am. I followed my usual schedule of lunch at Tacos El Gordo, and afternoon $3/$6 Omaha at the Village. I ended up +$71 in about 7 hours, then left to make the 6:30pm OA meeting.

I had fun at the meeting. It's always good to talk about things you have in common with other ED people. I really love it when people understand what it's like to buy a Super-Size meal plus 9 Chicken McNuggets at the drive thru, and eat the fries before you get a few miles towards home. Sometimes when I tell people I can eat 1 1/2 pizzas at a sitting plus Buffalo wings, they tell me that they could never do it. Instinctively, I don't believe them, but they insist on telling me they don't do such things. I end up believing them after I get the same blank response from several different people. Anyways, OA people know what I'm talking about. Plus, I believe I can hold my own against the best of them. When I start with a dozen Krispy Kremes (some filled), I will eat 6 immediately before slowing down. Then, I'll eat another two, then I may go to sleep before eating the rest the next day.



We all had a good time at a dinner following the meeting. Everybody loved my "Nixon in '78" t-shirt. This makes the OA crowd very different from the poker crowd, who don't get the shirt at all. There's some humour in a poker room, but it's usually involves a poker hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home