Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Monday, September 19, 2005

82.4 kg

There must be a reason why I always seem to lose weight over the weekend, while my weight tends to go up during the week. I'm sure there's a large percentage of people that feel the opposite, but it's always been like this for me. The biggest difference is that I work out in the mornings on weekends, but I work out at night on week days. But, I've looked into the research on elevated metabolism following a workout, and I remember concluding there wasn't that much of a compelling reason to change. Well, I may experiment by warming up each morning on my lifecycle (not cardio levels). I'm starting to believe more in fat-burning low-intensity activity lately.

I watched movies on the couch yesterday, trying to catch up on sleep from my massive Friday and Saturday poker sessions. I surfed the net on my laptop, and played some $.25/$.50 pot-limit Omaha8. I won another $60, and transfered it to my checking account. That makes a total of $440 for the weekend, which was a total waste of time, except for the workouts and the trip to Target. My friend called yesterday evening inviting me to dinner, but I made excuses, and eventually headed off to the gym. I got a full strength workout in, and 40 minutes of easy Stairmaster @ 65% MHR. Then I went to Whole Foods, and got out of there for under $40 with $20 worth of food (about 1.5kg of meat, some crackers, tortillas, fruits, and vegetables).

I finally got around to cooking at around 10pm, and I made about 300g of sausage (4 links), had a bunch of crackers, some prosciutto, an apple, some yogurt, and an artichoke. This must have been the first time I made an artichoke. My mom used to steam it when we were kids, and we'd have it with mayonaise. My father would have first crack at the heart, and we'd all scrape the meat off the leaves with our teeth. I think my mom would say that Americans would only eat the heart, and would throw away the rest. I still believe that, but I'll have to ask around to find out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home