Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

The Spinning Instructor Might be Straight Anorexic

I talked to the spinning instructor after class last night, to tell him I'm getting back into shape, after lying on the couch for 2 years. He asked me how many times I was doing spinning, and I said 3 times a week. He said he did 5 times a week when he was trying to lose weight. Apparently, he fractured something in his kick-boxing class, and the doctors told him to stay off it for a month. He said he gained 10 lbs, and finally just had to break doctor's orders, and get back to spinning. He also went back to teaching the kick-boxing class, where the unhealed injury is bothering him. Then the doctors say it may take 6 months to heal now, so he's kind of messed himself over. Sure, it's hard to be told to take a month off aerobic exercise. What would I do? I guess I'd continue strength training, and eat less. Probably wouldn't gain any weight, and in fact I'd still make progress.

I only had 2010 calories yesterday, and I went to sleep hungry. It's not pleasant. I ended up having a bad dream, and although I slept for 8 hours, I felt tired when waking up. I still weighed-in at yesterday's 85.8 kg, but at a lower body fat, earlier in the morning. I probably would have felt much better having another 100 calories, like a grapefruit. I probably won't restrict again like that. I think the term restricting in ED circles means to limit yourself to calories while you're hungry. I don't think I'll do that anymore. However, I'll chose good things to eat, like I've been doing for the last 6 weeks.

This morning I had 120g eggs (2), 24g pita w/ 40g humus, and 82g sausage for a total of 410 calories. I feel better, but not really full.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home