Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Workout On The Lake

Went to Lake Poway today, and rented a paddle boat for an hour. I did three laps, and worked out about as hard as a spinning workout. The pedal stroke is a lot less comfortable on the boat, because they're made in large part for kids. I drank about 4 cans (1.4 litres) of liquids during this part of the workout. Then I rented a row boat, and did another 3 laps in an hour. Suprisingly, they're about the same speed, though the rowboat is faster. I tried to count the stokes in a lap around the lake. I think it's like 1000 or so. So three laps is like 3000 strokes. That's a lot of rows in the gym.

1 Comments:

At 3:19 AM, Blogger Cat said...

a lot less boring than rowing in the gym too i reckon :) hope you werent being attacked by killer mosquitoes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home